"In accordance with government advice and regulations, the hall will remain closed until such time as it is considered safe to re-open."
West Tilbury Village Hall management committee
7th July 2020
In the Essex village of West Tilbury and only six miles from the M25, the hall is a little off the beaten track and in a quiet rural location halfway between Grays and Stanford le Hope.
There are a number of events throughout the year but as a village hall for hire in Thurrock it is also available at reasonable rates. With a fully fitted kitchen and serving area it can be used for many types of activities.
For details of prices and availability, or to hire the hall, please contact the bookings secretary on 07745 302684. Alternatively you can e mail on email@example.com. Go to the 'Contact' page for further information.
To see the interior please go to our "Inside" page.
West Tilbury Village Hall was opened in 1924 by Captain E. A. Loftus, in remembrance of those local men who gave their lives in the Great War of 1914-1918. The names of these men are recorded on a memorial tablet in St. James's Church, in the village hall and on this website. The hall is administered by trustees for the charity.
Located on the southern edge of the great common field, the hall was built using funds raised within the village and by donations from local landowners. The various groups and organisations that meet there, as well as regular social events, mean that the hall continues to serve the wider community to the present day as the hub of village activity. West Tilbury Village Hall is a registered charity supported by local residents and their fund raising activities.
The hall is located in Rectory Road, West Tilbury, about 1 mile from the 'Cross Keys' at Chadwell St. Mary to the West and the 'George & Dragon' at Linford to the East. For those of you with satnav, the postcode is RM18 8UD. There is a regular, hourly bus service from Grays. The 374 bus stops at The Green, from there it is a short walk to the hall.
A map showing the location of the hall can be found on the 'Contact' page.
West Tilbury Village Hall, shown above, was opened by Captain (later Lt. Col.) E.A.Loftus, shown right